Monday, June 17, 2013

S800 EQ build update - New front panel design.



The parts have arrived!!! Yay! Looking at the contained components, quality is really really high. I cant believe these parts, the pots are all UK made and they even included the sockets for the IC's. Very nice indeed. This is a combined kit for 4 of the S800 EQ mono channels from Audio Maintenance Limited. 


I also redesigned a new front panel. I decided to go DIY on this one and use the same method I use for guitar pedals. Here is the new design. I decided on a 2U design for two reasons. One, the power transformer doesn't fit a 1U case, 2 the pots don't actually fit on the PCB, so wire connections are going to be needed anyway. 


I got some nice chicken head knobs this is an idea of what the finished front panel will look like.


Look at my other S800 related posts 

6 comments:

  1. Is there a front panel express layout for this design that you can share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it seems to have disappeared into oblivion, I think I may have even done it in photoshop, it was a decal on frontpanel. I have the Fpd for the 1U version. You might want to check, but I'm pretty sure the pot hole's line up to the PCB, makes for much easier mounting.

      http://diyproaudio.blogspot.co.za/2013/05/s800-eq-front-panel-front-panel-express.html

      Delete
    2. Oh, and PeterC has new boards available.

      http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=62900.0

      Delete
  2. Thanks man, the new boards were why I was asking. I'm planning on grabbing 4 channels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great EQ, you wont regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. titanium glasses frames
    Find our latest tips on the titanium headers titanium frames apple watch titanium vs aluminum and find our top picks for comfort and comfort titanium dioxide with our full titanium frames. 1xbet korean All the benjamin moore titanium info you need to make sure your

    ReplyDelete